Friday, July 9, 2010

WELCOME!



My artwork transcends the optical limitations of this world with images of dignity that reflect the cultural diversity of African people in a modern, traditional and even cosmic context. I am an Ancient Futurist. I paint stories, Afro Centric tales of love and loss on this physical and on the spiritual plane...parables with universal themes that reflect a spirit of hope and perseverance. My stories are filled with love, beauty and sacred totems.

When I reflect back on my childhood, I realized that I had not experienced many positive images of blacks or of Africans in the Diaspora. The motivating thrust of my ambition was to create images of dignity. Although my images are of African people, my thematic concepts are universal in that they portray elements of the human experience that exist in all cultures and races, transcending color, transcending time and aimed at the hearts of human kind. No matter what cultural race or creed, we all want the best for our loved ones and that is what all people have in common.

Carlos Spivey













































































.




















































.